Sunday, May 24, 2009

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge 69

I can't believe the weekend is almost over! I had all these well thought out plans for lots of card making this weekend but it is now Sunday afternoon and I have only made one card.
I saw this sketch on the Taylored Expressions blog for cupcake Friday and loved it.


So I thought I would give it a go. Here is my version:

I used the Faux Woodgrain technique Marelle Taylor demonstrated last weekend, it is so easy but looks really great as a background on masculine cards. The heart was made by simply making 2 cuts into a scalloped circle. The shape around the truck was cut with my Cricut using Sure Cuts Alot and the Kristina Werner Journaling Shapes 1 Designer Cuts, from Two Peas.

My husband is away for 5 months with work and it is his birthday in a couple of weeks so I will be sending this to him, hope he likes it.

Materials
Stamps: Loads of Love
Ink: Chocolate chip, Black Stazon
Card: Chocolate chip, close to cocoa, Creamy Caramel, More Mustard and Watercolour paper
Other: Chocolate chip Grosgrain ribbon, Earth Elements Watercolour crayons, Round Up Simply Scrappin' self adhesive die cuts, dimensionals, K&Company Wild saffron adhesive Chipboard and Cricut Expressions machine

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! I love what you did w/ the little truck stamp and the vintage feel of the whole card. Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete