Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Catalogue Challenge! by Marelle

Marelle Taylor put a Catalogue Challenge on her blog at the beginning of the month so I gave it a go. My first card I will show you did not work out as closely to the original as I had hoped. I still really like it but was not sure if it would cut it for the challenge.

Here is the original:

Here is my version:


This was my second attempt at keeping to the layout! Here is the original:


Here is my card(please forgive me for the quality of the photo, we have not seen the sun for more than 5 minutes at a time and even with 2 new lamps and bulbs it still does not look great, it is really pretty in real life). The colours are Pink Pirouette and Close to Cocoa.


Added: The brown shadow around the elephant was done by inking the entire stamp in Pink Pirouette a few times and then using the close to cocoa marker just to draw around the edges, the ears and the eye. I had a couple of attempts and the wetter the stamp looked the more bleeding there was by the brown.
Thanks for the challenge Marelle, I really enjoyed it!

3 comments:

  1. They are both gorgeous Tamara! Thanks for joining in my challenge!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one Tamara :) they are both really lovely but I think I like the elephant one the best - but they are really my favourite colours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tamara, how did you get the brown shadow around the edge of the pink elephant? It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete